Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I always have fond memories or Mother's Day. Every Mother's Day, I made it a bit of a tradition to make dinner and dessert for my Mom. Although she spent many years making amazing dinners for family and friends, I always tried to make dinner and a nice dessert for Mother's Day.

Every year, I would try to make her favourite dishes, bake a pie or cake and of course we would drink tea with our dessert. Over tea, we would discuss things that always made me smile. What a great cook I had become (I always liked hearing that), what I was planning for the next few years, politics, you name it. Mom would tell stories about her years in France, the early years of her marriage, stories about the dances she used to go to as a teenager, what it was like for her growing up, all kinds of feel good conversation.

My Mom has been gone since 2003, but every Mother's day, I remember the many amazing conversations and stories told over a simple cup of black tea, and it reminds me why I opened my tea business and why tea plays such a big role in my life. Happy Mother's Day Mom. I don't think I'd need to tell her how much I miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment